The Sydney Morning Herald July 23, 2014
Australian experts on the ground in Ukraine are hoping they’ll soon have access to the Malaysian Airlines MH17 crash site. The prime minister’s special envoy, retired Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, says things are moving quickly near the site and his team should get access “in the near future”.
Malaysian and Dutch authorities had been granted access to the site but only three people were permitted to enter at one time, he said. Continue reading…
Other related articles
Surrendered black boxes ‘in good condition’ Sydney Morning Herald
Australian Federal Police join international investigation into MH17 News.com.au
ABC News July 23, 2014
The head of the Dutch forensic team in Ukraine says a train carrying the remains of MH17 victims contains significantly fewer bodies than claimed by pro-Russian rebels.
The separatists said there were 282 bodies on the train but only 200 have been found. Continue reading…
Other related news articles
MH17 crash: families’ worst fears realised as bodies go missing The Brisbane Times
MH17: Train with remains of Malaysian Airlines plane crash victims arrives in Ukraine’s Kharkov ABC News
Journey of MH17′s victims: A road full of darkness, a train trip full of delays The Sydney Morning Herald
Identifying MH17 victims to take ‘months’ Sky News
The impossible challenge of identifying bodies from MH17 The Washington Post
ABC News Bruce Atkinson 18 July 2014
Police have identified burnt human remains that were found near Gympie in southern Queensland last year.
A man’s torso was found at Cedar Pocket, east of Gympie, last September.
Detective Inspector Bruce McNab said the remains were those of a 66-year-old man from Tanawha, south-west of Maroochydore.
Posted in Drug analysis and toxicology, Forensic DNA, Forensic pathology, Forensic radiology, Physical evidence
Tagged Cedar Pocket 'torso', human remains, Maroochydore Magistrates Court, Police investigation, Prescription drugs, suspected murder, Victim identification
Brisbane Times Marissa Calligeros July 17, 2014
LAWYERS for Gerard Baden-Clay have filed an appeal against his conviction for murder.
A jury found Baden-Clay, 43, guilty of his wife Allison’s murder on Tuesday following a six-week trial at the Supreme Court in Brisbane.
ABC News report
ABC News 14 July 2014
The jury in the Brisbane murder trial of accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay has finished a third day of deliberating without reaching a verdict.
Jury deliberations interrupted again
Baden-Clay jurors told to acquit if ‘any reasonable possibility’ of innocence
Judge to jury: Guilt must rely on facts
Courier Mail Brooke Baskin 8 July 2014
Mr Byrne gave a forensic and methodical closing address to the jury at the opening of the trial’s fifth week.
Baden-Clay defence wraps up case
Courier Mail David Murray 7 July 2014
A JURY will this week retire to consider its verdict on whether Gerard Baden-Clay murdered his wife Allison.
The Brisbane Supreme Court trial resumes today for the defence and prosecution to make their closing arguments. Justice John Byrne will sum up, and then it will be in the hands of the seven men and five women of the jury.
‘A catastrophe waiting to happen’