Townsville Bulletin SAMANTHA HEALY April 17, 2015
POLICE will pursue a common assault charge against a former Townsville Playboy magazine model despite the alleged victim withdrawing her complaint.
Georgina Louise Gosden has pleaded not guilty to the common assault, and also faces a charge of being drunk and disorderly.
The charges stem from an incident at the Mad Cow Tavern on December 7 last year.
It is alleged that Gosden, who was on bail at the time, attacked a 21-year-old woman.
Brisbane Times Jorge Branco April 17, 2015
Three people have been injured and a police car damaged in a fight involving about 30 people on North Stradbroke Island.
Officers were called just after 1am Friday to a brawl at Dunwich where a police spokesman said they arrested one person.
Paramedics treated three people including one woman with a dislocated knee.
They took two patients to the Marie Rose Centre for further treatment and the third person made their own way to the centre later.
News.com.au April 16, 2015
A QUEENSLAND man who was shot by police after drunkenly rushing at officers with a sword has escaped having a conviction recorded.
Andrew Neville Black, 41, was shot five times in December after police attended his Ashgrove property, in Brisbane’s inner northwest, to investigate suspected domestic violence.
He pleaded guilty to two counts of assault in the Brisbane Magistrates Court today.
Townsville Bulletin CHRISTIE ANDERSON April 15, 2015
THE State Government has defended safety practices for community workers after the alleged sexual assault of a youth worker.
The youth worker, 26, was allegedly raped by a 16-year-old boy she was caring for at Bushland Beach last week.
A Queensland Child Safety spokeswoman said youth workers were provided with extensive training and children in care were carefully matched with suitable carers.
“The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services works hard to help ensure the safety of foster carers and youth workers,” the spokeswoman said.
Townsville Bulletin SAMANTHA HEALY April 16, 2015
ONE of five men accused of trying to murder another man near a busy Cannon Park cinema complex has been refused bail for a second time.
Jason Michael Hall, 42, was charged alongside his co-accused Daniel Herbert Noel Hewson, 38, Gary Hook, 58, Daniel John Hook, 28, and Dean Adrian Carroll, 44.
Each has been charged with the attempted murder of a 42-year-old man behind Reading Cinemas on February 7.
Hall was refused bail in the Townsville Magistrates Court on February 9, and made a second application to Townsville Supreme Court yesterday.
Brisbane Times Kim Stephens April 16, 2015
A man has been treated for superficial slash wounds, after an apparent botched robbery attempt in a busy Woolloongabba street on Thursday.
There are unconfirmed reports the 37-year-old man was approached by two men on Ipswich Road just before11pm and the pair unsuccessfully attempted to rob him of his wallet.
He received superficial slash wounds and went to a nearby convenience store to raise the alarm, according to an ambulance spokesperson.
Paramedics took him to nearby Princess Alexandra Hospital in a stable condition.